The National Institute of Health spends $800 million dollars a year trying to discover the cause of obesity in our society.
Hmmm, I wonder…
What does the average American consume each year?
- 600 pounds of dairy!
- An astounding 152 pounds of sugar.
- 146 pounds of white flour.
- 57 gallons of soda.
- 90,000 milligrams of caffeine.
- 29 pounds of French fries.
- 24 pounds of ice cream.
- 23 pounds of pizza.
- 2.7 pounds of salt.
- And 24 pounds of artificial sweeteners!
According to the American Diabetes Association nearly 30 million Americans have diabetes. Another 1.4 million Americans are diagnosed with diabetes each year, and 86 million Americans have pre-diabetes!
The estimated cost of diagnosed diabetes in our country is $322 billion dollars per year!
What are the 3 most important things you can do to avoid diabetes?
- Eliminate gluten from your diet. (Even cutting gluten by 50% would make a huge difference.)
- Exercise 150 minutes per week.
- Get your Essential Fatty Acids daily. (Omega 3’s) Michael, please link to Omega 3 recommendations.
Schedule your appointment today
If you have questions about how acupuncture can help you, or you’re ready to schedule your first appointment, please call me (Marnie) at 503-282-5666.
You can also click the button below…